We are the creative home for children and young people, schools, teachers and cultural enablers across Nottinghamshire to access high-quality arts and cultural experiences.
We support children and young people to be happier, healthier and more inspired.
We are a programme of partner-led activities connecting arts and creative opportunities through ideas, people and places across Nottinghamshire with a current focus on the areas of Ashfield and Mansfield.
To establish a more resilient and coordinated cultural education approach that provides better long-term investment; develops new partnerships, increases access to quality arts and cultural experiences and improves social outcomes for children and young people.
- We improve social outcomes for children and young people
- We reframe the way arts and culture is viewed and valued
- We nurture and support young people’s cultural leadership
- We influence people, policy and decision-makers to invest in cultural education
- We are driven and rooted by place and heritage
- We will sustain a long-term strategy for Captivate’s cultural education offer
Local Cultural Education Partnership (LCEP)
LCEPs organise and collaborate to overcome inequality of opportunity by driving forward a locally-based strategy so that every child and young person has access to consistent and high- quality arts and culture. Captivate is currently focused within Mansfield and Ashfield with our intention to explore new partnerships with Bassetlaw and Newark & Sherwood districts.
Here at Captivate, we share Arts Council England’s belief that every child and young person should have access to great arts, culture and education.
Captivate’s Partnership Manager
Vanessa Oxspring is the Captivate Partnership Manager for Nottinghamshire. The post is funded through Arts Council England until March 2024. Get in touch: email@example.com