The Education Library Service can provide a wide range of tailored support and training for school libraries and librarians. Our aim is to ensure that the libraries within our schools are used effectively and that pupils are getting the most out of them.
We can visit your school with a view to :
- Weeding out stock which is in poor condition or out of date
- Classifying your non-fiction stock according to our simplified subject index
- Writing a report on the current provision or developing a library policy
- If you are planning a new library or a refurbishment we can draw up sketch plans and give advice on layout and furniture Recognising gaps in subject areas and offering advice on purchasing new stock
- Giving advice, inset and help to develop library and information skills